How Does My Utility Participate?
Participation in MnWARN is voluntary and membership is free. To participate in MnWARN, simply fill out the Membership Information Form and Membership Application Questionnaire and submit to MnWARN along with the Mutual Aid Agreement and Resolution. The governing entity must adopt the Mutual Aid Agreement and Resolution. MnWARN also recommends that a sample equipment schedule of fees be adopted by your governing entity. In the event of a MnWARN response, if a schedule of charges is not agreed upon, the default will be FEMA rate of reimbursement. Members must identify Authorized Officials and alternates, provide contact information including 24-hour access, and maintain resource information made available by the utility for mutual aid and assistance response. This is done in the application process and should be updated annually.
MnWARN Materials for Download
- Understanding how insurance works in mutual aid situations
- Membership Information Form
- Membership Application Questionnaire
- Mutual Aid Agreement
- Joint Resolution
Benefits to MnWARN
- There is no cost to participate.
- MnWARN is like investing in a no cost insurance policy to access
- resources when needed.
- MnWARN increases emergency preparedness and coordination.
- MnWARN enhances access to specialized resources.
- MnWARN expedites arrival of aid (don’t have to work out the administrative items; the agreements and WARN protocols work them out in advance for you).
- MnWARN agreement contains indemnification and worker’s compensation provisions to protect participating utilities and provide reimbursement protocols.
- There is no obligation to respond.